Monday, May 12, 2008


That smell, that feeling, the possibility of being arrested. Doing it sends a chill through your body. A gentle push a loud hiss with swift smooth movements the colors are added to the urban canvas. The darkness looming around me, the cooling breeze mixed with the metropolitan heat creates a comfortable feeling within. A weeks worth of planning now taking shape right here on the side of the street. I saw in the widow next to me that my face was covered in specks of paint. I took a step back from the wall and looked over my creation and then left for home. I returned home and found a pile of letters at the front door of my apartment. I opened the first one; it was from a girl divulging her love for me. She told me that she loved the soft skin that covered my beautiful my face. I found this to be a little creepy but I got five of these letters every day. The other letters that were in front of my door also turned out to be laters from girls. Every girl that saw me seemed to figure out where I live then they would leave letters at my door for me to find. None of them had ever confronted me face to face. But the line that they all used was when I first saw you I had no choice but to find out who you where. I then went to sleep after getting something to eat considering it had been a long night. Just before I fell asleep I thought about the wall and the thing that I had painted.

The next morning I got my work together and headed to my art college down the street. On my way there I passed by the spot I had been the previous night. There was a crowd of people around it taking pictures. Some of them were saying that it was amazing and others were complaining that it itself and that creator are the trash of society. I took out my video camera and started recording the reactions of the people that were there. After a couple of minutes of taping I put my camera away and continued on my way to school. I got to my first class and the professor started talking about our project on art in society. It was a project that my class had been working on for the past week and a half. Most were doing some sort of art sale and others would stand out in front of that art museum and ask people what they thought of the art. At the end of the class I showed m professor after watching the tape he told me that my project was the most intriguing that he had seen since had started doing this project three years ago. I then went to the store and got my supplies for that night. On way back home I saw town workers painting the wall that I had painted. I got home and just when it started getting dark I put on a black hoodie and black pants grabbed my supplies and then headed out. I continued this and then got an A on the project.

No comments: