Sunday, March 9, 2008


What is this? … Where am I? … What am I wearing? … Why does my head hurt? I can figure this out what is this horrible place? It’s so dark is why am I here how did I get here.
(JOHN!! … JOHN WHERE ARE YOU!!!)
Who is that? Are they looking for me is my name Pat? HELLO OVER HERE!!! Damn I can move this log is stuck on my leg. HELP ME PLEASE!! I can only hope that they here to help me. HEY IM RIGHT HERE! They see me they aren’t wearing the same armor but the symbol is the same as mine.
(HEY WHO ARE YOU!!)
I DON’T KNOW I CAN’T REMEMBER!!
(It’s Pat hey give me some help over her its Pat.)
My Name isn’t John?
(No you’re Curt Paterson we call you’re nickname is Pat.)
Why am I here? What is this…this armor?
(We’re in the middle of a war you are a soldier of the finial elite. That armor is given to those have gone through intense training and skeletal reconstruction. I is said that you have gone through the most painful operations in order to be made into become the greatest soldiers ever.)
What are you talking about?
(You don’t remember anything at all do you?)
No everything is gone.
(I guess that could be a good thing.)
I can feel my leg again. I don’t understand I’m a soldier? Can you tell me? How did I end up here?
(The last time that I saw you, you had just bean hit by a tank round. We thought you were dead. It’s good to see you sir.)
Sir why did you call me sir?
(You are our squad leader.)
If I’m a soldier shouldn’t I have a gun?
(We have an extra one that we can give you.)
A pistol this will have to do. Where did that come from it’s like I had no control over what was said.


Zing, Zing, Zing, Zing, Zinnnthiicck. His head just exploded blood spattered every where. TAKE COVER!! There it is again words spoken with out my control just instinct. Maybe the man who had just helped me and is now dead wasn’t lying maybe I am a soldier.


I looked over the logs that were stack in front of me I searched for where the shots had come from. Something on top of the logs caught my eye it was a helmet on back the name Curt Paterson. I reached over grabbed it and placed it on my head it clicked to the suit and the suit hissed. I felt the entire suit tighten it felt like it was apart of me. The suit ran through diagnostic checks for injuries in the blink of an eye. The suit then high lighted a part of the layout in front of me with the figure of something that looked like a beast. Just as I thought about being able to zoom in my face mast zoomed in at 30 meters I raised the pistol up into my view as I did a cross hair appeared on my face mask I aimed at the create my hand shook then the armor just froze my arm was stiff I squeezed off a shoot it entered through the creatures right eye and exited through the back of its skull. Just then I head this horrible cry from the direction that the first creature was in. ten more figures appeared on the radar in my helmet. At that point my conscious mind had seemed to shut down and now my body was acting purely on instincts. I move for ward to a closer position the other men followed and took up positions around me. I saw a group of five come from behind a large pile of branches and debris. I pulled the trigger five times.


Five targets down and five more to go.
(Sir what should we do.)
Move up and take position as close as you can but watch for enemies.
The other five are coming over the top this should be fast. The radar has static this could be bad.
Every one watch themselves they could be any where.
(Sir I’ve got contacts I’m movin … aaaahhhhhhh……HELP ME !!!…HELP ME!!! …THEY GOT ME!!!.)
Soldier can you hear me can you hear me.


My rage kicked in I ran to the point where I had last seen the creatures on my radar. If found the desecrated body of the soldier his head was no longer on his body. His body was completely mangled. I saw one the creatures heading back up the pile of debris. They were all about 6’ 5” and looked like something out of a science fiction novel. I activate the suits strength boost ability. I felt the muscles in my legs pulse the suit had boosted my strength by 5 times. I bolted up the pile grabbed the first creature by the throat and through it into another one they feel down the pile in a slump. I ran up to the next one and punched it in the face. Its face caved in and its blood spattered covering my suit. I grabbed the next two who had started running at me by their heads and smashed them together. Then everything went black.


I woke up 20 years later in a hospital with that still as my only memory I still don’t know what happened, or who I was.

No comments: